Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Day After Tomorrow Movie

What does Bush have to do with Day After Tomorrow?

I was listening to NPR do an article on the new movie as I was on my way to watch it. In question was the scientific likelihood of the show actually coming true. With that for a preface, the move was quite intense.

I had to laugh at the end, though, as the president appeared on TV and admitted that he had made a terrible mistake in not addressing the problems when there was still time. The words of our own great American president were ringing in my ears "it's not my fault", "It's Clinton's fault", "It's the CIA's fault", "I haven't made any mistakes."

Even before Bush trashed what good-will there was left for America in the world community, we were all beginning to realize that it was going to take us many years to recover from this presidential fiasco. Since then, it's only gotten worse, with worsening economy, worsening environmental problems, worsening anti-American sentiment across the world. Now we have to worry about worsening police state tactics, loss of civil liberties, loss of our constitutional freedoms of presumption of innocence, undue search and seizure, and countless more.

It's frightening to think what our world will be like on the Day After Bush's Tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home